National Tutoring Programme FAQs
What is the NTP? The national tutoring programme has been set up to support students from across the country following the impact of the Coronavirus. The programme sets out to help those students that have been most affected within the age range of 5 to 16. Funding has been allocated to the programme to help support this, with 75% of the cost of each course being covered by central government, and the remaining 25% being covered by the schools that seek to access the support.
Why has tuition been selected as a mechanism to help students catch up?It has been acknowledged that professional tuition services offered by experienced tutors in an organised and structured way can have a huge impact on the progress of students in a very short space of time.
Why is the tuition MME offers so effective?
From our experience, 1-2-1 tutoring or small organised groups of tuition, work at around five times the speed of an ordinary school lesson because the content is targeted at the specific needs of the students. This relies on the tutor preparing the lessons effectively and if small groups are being taught, that the groups are carefully considered to ensure they are of a similar ability and have similar needs. At MME we ensure this preparatory work is completed well in advance of the course starting and we work with schools to ensure that students selected for group tuition are done so in a way that means the teaching can be targeted and effective for them all.
How does the MME catch up course work?
Our catch up course for maths is the most comprehensive course available that includes tuition, resources and access to our online learning platform so that students can continue learning after the course has finished. See more details here.
I am a tutor, am I able to offer my tuition service directly to schools?
The short answer is no, you have to go through an approved tuition provider who meets a specific set of criteria. MME does meet these qualifying criteria so you may be able to tutor through our service. See our selection criteria via our become a tutor page and sign up here.
Why has tuition been selected as a mechanism to help students catch up?
It has been acknowledged that professional tuition services offered by experienced tutors in an organised and structured way can have a huge impact on the progress of students in a very short space of time.
How can my school apply for funding from the NTP to get MME tuition?
You can apply directly through the dedicated service and request to use MME as your chosen provider. You will then get 75% of the cost of the tuition.
As a parent, how do I make sure my child gets access to the national tuition programme?
You need to speak to your school as the tuition is organised through them. Schools will assess the needs of all their students and select those who need the tuition most.